Primary Teacher in North London
We are seeking a primary teacher for a school in South Tottenham in North London, to start from September 2019 at the beginning of the academic year. The school is located close to the seven sisters underground and overground station, with quick and direct connections into the city on the overground and Victoria tube line.
This central location makes trip to Covent Garden, Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace and many more popular locations very quick. You will also be able to easily access the multiple airports in and around London to make the most of the half terms and holidays and travel in Europe.
You will be working in a Church of England Faith School (Christian) where the year group is flexible depending on your preference. The school is small, with one class in each year group. Skype and facetime interviews are available from Tuesday 30thApril.
The school’s Mission Statement is ‘A Community that Aspires, Believes & Achieves’
The aim of the school is to provide a Christian context for learning that is caring, stable and academically challenging. It is their wish that the whole school community develop a love of learning and an understanding of our Christian values.
They strive to provide all involved with the necessary skills and opportunities, to take an active role in learning, in order to reach their full potential.
The school community work together to show care and respect for each other and the environment.
- We are committed to providing a secure and stable environment with shared expectations of the children’s conduct. We feel that a settled and calm environment is essential if meaningful learning is to take place.
- As a staff we are committed to developing policies corporately and implementing them in a consistent way. Through sharing curriculum development, we aim to provide continuity and progression in the children’s learning.
- We are aware that children have specific individual needs, and acquire knowledge in different ways and we aim to adapt our teaching style in an appropriate way to cater for the needs, i.e. whole class teaching/group teaching/individual teaching and support teaching. We will encourage the children using a variety of techniques to become thoughtful learners.
- We are aware of the requirements of the National Curriculum and would encourage our children to achieve the highest individual standards, through the use of differentiated learning strategies. This will be achieved by targeted interventions.
- As a staff we have a commitment to home/school links, and parental involvement in a variety of school activities. We aim to develop and build on these existing links.
- We aim to develop in each child a sense of self worth, and an awareness of his/her importance in the school and local community.
- Through the Christian life of the school we aim to give the children an understanding of moral values, other faiths and cultures particularly in their relationships with others.
Are you a qualified primary teacher? Are you from Australia, New Zealand, Canada or Ireland? Do you want to live and teach in London?
Apply now! Contact Gemma Yates on 0449790334 or email email@example.com