Secondary Maths Teacher
We are looking for a permanent & full-time Maths teacher to start September 2019. You must be enthusiastic, dedicated and constantly evolving to meet the needs of the pupils.
The school recognise that people are not two-dimensional beings; we are each a whole person with a broad range of aspirations and needs and these needs are interconnected. To truly help someone with their educational needs, it is vital to also be aware of their emotional needs, spiritual needs and economic needs.
As such, they believe in communities that are holistic, interconnected and totally inclusive. As well as the school, the hub they are a part of runs a Church, a debt advice centre, a foodbank and a variety of youth-support services. By ensuring that all these services are joined up and rooted in same ethos we want to see the entire community transformed for the better.
In their most recent Ofsted report the school was graded as ‘Outstanding’ in all areas.
- The leadership of the academy is exceptional at all levels. Leaders have diligently implemented a straightforward and uncompromising vision for students to achieve ‘greatness, through nurture and a rigorous academic focus’.
- Leaders have worked very closely with the local community to establish the academy in the heart of the city. Students and their parents are overwhelmingly supportive of the academy’s culture and motto.
- The strong emphasis on the academy’s values, ‘scholarship, transformation, aspiration, inclusion, resilience and social responsibility’ (STAIRS), has changed students’ views about their future lives. They are inspired to climb the STAIRS to achieve very well.
- The academy has outstanding systems for monitoring and evaluating all aspects of its work, particularly students’ attainment and progress.
- The academy council are vigilant. They contribute extremely well to maintaining outstanding teaching and achievement.
- The curriculum is outstanding. It is underpinned by innovative enrichment activities which contribute to boosting students’ confidence and goals. Physical education is taught effectively off site because the academy does not have the facilities.
- Behaviour and safety are outstanding. Students have a strong work ethic; their social responsibility and pride in the community are particular strengths
- The quality of teaching is outstanding. Expectations of work and behaviour are high and lead to students achieving extremely well.
- Achievement is outstanding and students make rapid progress from below average starting points.
- The strong emphasis on developing literacy and numeracy skills is a key factor to students exceeding the rates of progress expected for their age group. Support is highly effective.
- The most able are extended very well, with excellent opportunities to experience GCSE and A-level work. The academy uses outstanding practices to help students excel.
- Pupil premium funding is used very well to support disadvantaged students achieve as well as their peers. Similarly, the support for disabled students and those who have special educational needs is highly effective. Responses to potential failure are rapid. Minority ethnic groups and those who speak English as an additional language achieve equally well.
- Partnership with University College London (UCL), King’s College London Maths School, Russell Group universities and renowned businesses in the City are outstanding. They are contributing very well to raising students’ aspirations.
- Numerous opportunities are provided for students to develop exceptionally well through the promotion of British values and their spiritual, moral social and cultural development.
The school is in Lambeth in South London. Located close to Waterloo Station and Elephant and Castle, it is just over the River Thames from Big Ben and the Houses of parliament. Situated in the very centre of London, there are endless sights and amusements walking distance from this school.
If you are a teacher from Australia, New Zealand, Canada or Ireland and you are looking to use your Youth Mobility Visa then please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / +61449790334 call, text or whatsapp.