Looking to continue the schools’s success in promoting Art as a GCSE and A Level option, the Headteacher would like to appoint an enthusiastic and dynamic Art ECT / Art Teacher keen to make a genuine difference within their chosen subject.
Following on from their commitment to support each student in fulfilling their potential, the Headteacher of a “Good” 11-18 school would like to appoint an Art ECT / Art Teacher who:
* Demonstrates excellent classroom practice from their placements or current teaching
* Has a strong understanding of the KS3-4 Art curriculum; KS5 desirable but not essential
* Applies current pedagogy into practice
* Has high expectations of students
* Always looks at how to improve regardless of their expertise
With all new starters to the school paired with an existing colleague to help with settling in, the successful Art ECT and Art Teacher will have access to comprehensive training such as joining the ECT induction programme or to take on more responsibilities combined with bespoke training courses to help with succeeding in new roles.
Located in the London Borough of Merton, the school promotes a strong ethos of empowerment; this is achieved by promoting a rich and varied curriculum that enables students to develop an array of skills outside of academia that will equip them for the future. Working in conjunction with external organisations in the local area, there are numerous academic, cultural, sporting and social opportunities on offer for the students in this school.
The school are able to offer the appointed Art ECT / Art Teacher:
* £32,157 – £50,935 (MPS/UPS Inner London weighting)
* Permanent contract
* July or September start
* ECT induction programme
* CPD training
* Progress 8 Score – Above Average (from last published results)
This is a fantastic school to start your career as an ART ECT or to explore new a new opportunity so if you feel that this role matches with what you are looking for, then it is highly encouraged that you apply ASAP to be considered.